Actions and Detail Panel
Church Building Projects: Purpose, Planning, Procurement
Wed 7 June 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
This brand new workshop has been developed by the National Stewardship & Resources Team for Churchwardens, PCC members, Treasurers, Building Committee Members, Project Managers and others involved in starting a building project in your church or church hall.
In a process which involves a lot of money, a lot of time, and some changes to your building, avoiding some of the pitfalls is not just a question of using your common sense.
Attending this workshop will help you to benefit from the collective wisdom of experts and people who have been involved in successful projects in the past. By focusing on the main questions, it will help you find and work with professionals effectively to achieve your church's goals.
The session will focus on six big questions:
1. How do you get the project scope right and to budget?
2. What organisations do you need to involve and how do you work with them effectively?
3. How do you organise and how do you find the right professionals?
4. The practical processes and things to avoid - what are they?
5. What must you do, and what ought you to do?
6. Raising the money - how do you budget it and not waste it?
The session is FREE and refreshments including a sandwich lunch will be provided. Numbers are limited to 25 so book early to avoid disappointment.