The day will look at how churches can do their own energy audits and make their own action plans, as well as expert content on:
- electricity use - covering billing, procurement, efficient lighting.
- heating systems - how to make your system more efficient, and how to answer the 'heating on all the time, or only when occupied' dilemma?
- renewable technologies for churches - what renewable technologies are suitable for churches?
- what will the DAC allow?
- funding - how can you raise the money for your project?
There will be specific issue clinics over lunch so that you can get answers to your particular questions.
We will be joined by staff from Sustain, the DAC Secretary and other experts.
Our venue will be St Thomas of Canterbury Churchin Goring, which was lovingly repaired, extended and refurbished in 2009. It is light and airy, with a breathable limestone floor with underfloor central heating - and given the use of sustainable materials, such as, blown recycled glass, sheep's wool insulation, PEFC sourced European Oak and lime render for the facade, it will make an ideal venue for our gathering.
- Tickets are free but spaces are limited and registration is essential -
When & Where
Diocese of Oxford