All employees in catering, retail and manufacturing environments involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It is also relevant for those in the health care and education sectors. This course suits individual and company cooks and chefs, menu developers, caterers, retailers and manufacturers who would like to learn about nutrition and how processing and cooking affects .
What are the benefits of providing nutrition training?
- Improve patient, client and staff nutritional status and health
- Improved employee health and retention
- Attract more clients and customers
- Offer healthier catering options
Candidates who attend this nutrition course should have a:
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understand the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- Identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- Knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
The trainer: This course is delivered by a B.Sc (Hons) nutritionist who studied nutrition, biology and dietetics at degree level. Our trainer previously worked in the NHS and private sector as a dietitian providing dietary advise to patients with e.g. obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol and food allergies.
- Duration: One-day programme Assessment: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Exam type: Multiple choice examination - 30 question with 20 correct answers to pass
- Ofqual regulated: Yes
- Ofqual qualification reference: 500/8118/4
- Prerequisite: None
- Includes: CIEH course book, exam fee, CIEH certificate of award - valid for 3 years
- Progression: Candidates can go on to take the level 2 in allergens or food safety level 3
#nutrition #healthyeating #healthycatering #healthyfood #nutritioncourse