Actions and Detail Panel
CIEH Level 2 Food Safety - 1 Day Course
Thu 3 November 2016, 09:15 – 17:00 GMT
CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH Level 2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs, and is divided into 3 sector specific courses. These are:
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
Who needs this Qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants
- supermarkets and retail environments
- food and drink manufacturers
- care homes
Why is this Training Important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
On completion of the course, successful candidates will:
- Have a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand they key terminology used in Food Safety
- Be aware of the scope of Food Safety laws and have a basic understanding of the requirements
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Understand the importance of cleaning
- Have the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
Multiple choice examination
Catering – 500/5476/4 Retail – 500/5319/X Manufacturing – 500/5091/6
Candidates, particularly those in a supervisory position, may wish to progress onto CIEH Level 3 Award in Food Safety
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
On the day of training you must bring photographic proof of identity (passport, driving licence etc.). Please be aware that the awarding body stipulates that you will not be allowed to sit the exam without this.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
We have a large free carpark.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Can I update my registration information?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your detail.