San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The topic of the day is ‘Developing the leader within’. Aimed at information and library workers in all sectors. A mixture of presentations and practical exercises to develop leadership skills, regardless of positions held within an organisation.
Time: 9.30 (registration) 10:00am start, 16:00 finish.
At: University of Bristol Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information - maps and location can be found here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/maps/
The day will begin with the CILIP South West Member Network AGM. We would encourage members to attend the AGM and help to shape the next 12 months of our activities.
- Nick Poole, Chief Executive CILIP
- Jo Alcock, Freelance trainer, researcher and coach with a background in the library and information sector. Presentation on ‘You don’t need a title to be a leader’
- Virginia Power, Graduate Tutor, University of the West of England MSc/Postgraduate Diploma/Information Management
- Siobhan Hawke, Mentor Support Officer, CILIP SW. Developing practical skills for coaching and mentoring
This event will meet the following PKSB criteria:
PKSB - 9.1 Leadership skills
- Ability to influence and inspire individuals, teams and organisations to achieve change
- An understanding of leadership styles and self-awareness of your own style
PKSB - 10.8 People management
- Development of staff through operational delivery (e.g. training and mentoring)
Cost: Please note, refreshments are provided on arrival but please can you bring your own lunch
Free of charge to CILIP members
£25 for non-members
CILIP members: you will need your membership number to complete the booking.
Booking closes on Friday 14th April 2017.