Film can make a central contribution to children and young people's educational and cultural development, support curriculum learning, foster a range of skills and engender understanding. It is an incredibly powerful tool to engage young people and capture their imaginations.
This event will introduce educators working with 5-19 year olds to the world of film, highlighting the many benefits of engaging learners in film education through the resources available from Into Film as well as exploring the opportunities with your local cinema venues.
- 4.00pm Registration and Refreshments
- 4.15pm Welcome, Overview and Outcomes
- 4.30pm Into Film Professional Learning: This session will provide practical taster activities that explore both film literacy and filmmaking, providing you with the skills to take back to class and begin using straight away. All the materials shown in the session will be made available to participants. There are also many other resources available to download for free from www.intofilm.org/resources
- 5.30pm Film Hub Scotland Discussion Groups: Participate in conversations with peers and exhibitors to explore ways in which your school/club can engage with your local cinema to enhance learning experiences with your young people.
- 6.00pm Close
A few added extras as a thank you for attending this event:
- Recieve a delegate bag including free educational resources
- Attend a surprise FREE screening at Perth Playhouse following this event (optional)
- Enter our free prize draw to win a free filmmaking workshop for your school/group/club. Winner announced on the night!
Educators outwith the central Perth areas are very welcome to atttend. We are working with a number of partners as part of this Cinema Connections initiative:
- Perth Playhouse, Perth
- Perth Film Society
- The Birks, Aberfeldy
- Heartland Film Society
- Adam Smith Theatre, Kirkcaldy, Fife
We endeavor to inspire and inform through an engaging and fun Professional Learning opportunity! We look forward to seeing you there.
Please contact 0330 313 7640 or email@example.com if you have any questions or require further information.
The nearest car park is on West Mill Street. There is small charge. More information can be found here