Actions and Detail Panel
CIOB Annual Conference
Thu 22 June 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
CIOB Annual Conference - 22 June - Cardiff
Localism in a Global Construction Industry
Join us at the CIOB Annual Conference on 22 June in Cardiff, for insights on how to succeed in today’s globalised construction market. This event is attended by some of our most senior CIOB members from around the world, along with senior industry leaders and local government.
This is a chance to probe the relationship between global construction and localism and understand how we as an industry, can harness the influence to shape the political environment.
Join in the discussion during our panel debates and enjoy case studies showcasing the local context in Wales alongside the international perspective.
There will also be examples of new technology and innovative materials that could change the shape of construction in the future.
- Think global - act local. What does this mean for construction?
- How construction can influence the political agenda locally and globally
- How an infrastructure plan can deliver for industry and the economy
- Innovation and Technology
- Creating Smart Cities of the Future
- Carwyn Jones, First Minister of Wales
- Mark Farmer, Founding Director & CEO of Cast Consultancy
- Suzannah Nichol MBE, Chief Executive of BUILD UK
- Jannik Giesekam, research fellow in energy, materials and climate policy, University of Leeds
- Patrick Flaherty, Chief Executive, AECOM