#CommsPRdigital ‘The Communications Revolution’, is an exciting and challenging new conference, launched by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) in Northern Ireland. Taking place in The Merchant Hotel on Friday, 23rd September, it is set to welcome keynote speakers of international, high-flying and ‘regal’ renown from the PR, digital media and communications industries.
- Dickie Arbiter, former Press Secretary to the Queen and media manager for Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, has almost five decades of experience with one of the most recognisable “brands” in the world.
- Robin Kiely, Head of Communications for Ryanair, now one of the world’s largest airlines, has a wealth of experience in developing effective media strategies to successfully communicate the company’s news and objectives to its 80 million customers worldwide.
- Martyn Rosney of Edelman works with some of the biggest brands in the world from the Edelman office in Dublin. Martyn has been featured in PR Week’s ‘30 Under 30’ and as ‘One to watch’ by Marketing.ie and was CIPR’s Young Communications Professional in 2015
- Scott Field, Team GB’s Director of Communications will have just returned from the Rio Olympics, his second Games and has also worked at previous FIFA World Cups, UEFA European Championship Finals and Champions League Finals.
- Emma Leech, Director of Marketing & Advancement at Loughborough University: Emma Leech BA (Hons) MBA Found.Chart.PR, FCIPR, Dip CIPR, Dip PR (CAM) FCIM FoIC FIoD FRSA FInstILM FCMI MInstF. Emma at Loughborough University, she is overseeing communications, marketing, recruitment, web and digital, widening participation, international and fundraising and development. She is a founder member and past chair of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations Education and Skills Group, former Chair of the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s (CIM) HE Sector Interest Group and is a former member of CIM’s Board of Trustees. Emma started her career in fashion and consumer PR in 1988, working in tourism and destination marketing before settling in higher education in 1997.
- John Carroll, CEO of Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII): John joined the PRII in July 2014, and since then has overseen a 10% growth in overall membership in 2015 and led the profession’s response to the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015. John was previously a Policy Adviser to Minister Leo Varadkar at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, and is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin and Dublin City University.
With a focus on learning and strategic development, #CommsPRdigital will provide top-tier guidance and advice from the front line on how PR agencies, media outlets, companies and individuals can effectively manage their communication methods, platforms and messaging.