Circle Dance in Dementia - London
Tuesday, 14 March 2017 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come and discover the potential of Circle Dancing when working with people with memory loss, and learn the skills to provide an activity with therapeutic benefits for people with dementia.
Circle Dance Training Aims:
- To provide the practicalities and skills to set up and run circle dance sessions
- To familiarise learners with the dance formats - both standing and seated - and music used for circle dance
- To be aware of understanding how dementia feels
- To learn how circle dance can enhance reminiscence work, relationships, and link to a range of cultures
- To provide ways of monitoring dance sessions
- To demonstrate that circle dance can provide outer enjoyment and inner well-being
By the end of this training day participants will be able to:
- Plan and provide circle dance sessions for people living with dementia (and their carers)
- Enhance users' well-being by providing them with an activity which encourages connection with others
- Recognise the scope for linking with reminiscence and cultural engagement
- Reflect upon the importance of group-work skills, use of music, observation and monitoring, sharing of project work within the workplace,
- Demonstrate their understanding of legalities of using recorded music in care settings
Save This Event
When & Where
Dementia Pathfinders CIC
'Encouraging togetherness and learning in dementia care'
Dementia Pathfinders Community Interest Company is a social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families.
Learning with Experts in Dementia