Actions and Detail Panel
Citizens Advice Make the Most of Your Tablet
Mon, 8 May 2017, 09:15 – Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:15 BST
If you are new to using an iPad®, you may want to expand your knowledge and use of more of its features. Come along and learn more about what your iPad® can do – how to choose, install and use a wide variety of Apps (such as TV catch up, bus/train timetables, Maps, games, music, news and social media), use iCloud and review security features and settings. Important: This course is not suitable for Android users or smartphone users, there is another course available for that.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- 1. Connect to the Wi-Fi
- 2. Identify the ports and buttons of the device you have and their function
- 3. Use the App store to search for and download apps describing how to purchase items
- 4. Review general and security settings
- 5. Discuss e-safety and staying safe online
- 6. Use Safari to search the Internet
- 7. Use the Mail app to send and receive emails
- 8. Use the Camera and Photos apps to take, store and share photographs
What are the course entry requirements?
This course is for you if:
- You have an iPad
- You want to learn more about apps and how to download and use them
- You can follow verbal and written instructions in English at Entry Level 3 and above
You should be able to:
- skim read to work out if information is relevant
- obtain specific information from detailed reading
- follow verbal and written instructions/including numerical information
It is important to note that this course is practical and requires a degree of manual dexterity for you to participate fully and get the most out of the course.
How long is the course?
2 hours per week for 5 weeks.
Courses running on Monday 8th, 15 and 22nd of May from 9:15am to 12:15pm