Actions and Detail Panel
Civic Enterprise Entrepreneurial Spirit One-Day Boot Camp - London
Thu 13 October 2016, 09:00 – 16:15 BST
Civic Enterprise – Intrapreneur Champions Programme
Becoming an entrepreneurial public services organisation begins with a strong foundation of change champions
There is a rise of entrepreneurialism in local authorities. This new, more commercial face of public services requires that everyone thinks and behaves differently. This unique program has been designed to provide your Change Champions with everything they need to get it right, FAST!
- More than half of councils (58%) own a trading company, and at the rate it is increasing, full coverage by 2020 is a possibility;
- A majority of councils (57%) operate a joint venture with the private sector;
- Without entrepreneurial activities, 8/10 councils say they would have to cut services and raise taxes.
To facilitate this, Localis recommend that:
- Councils and appropriate professional bodies increase the focus on commercial and financial skills as part of officers’ professional development;
- Councils are given ‘Earn Back’ powers to stimulate local investment in a similar vein to Greater Manchester’s devolution deal;
- The government use departmental underspends to fund a three year corporation tax holiday for new council owned trading companies to assist them in their start up;
- The General Power of Competence is expanded to other parts of the public sector to enable councils to act more like businesses.
There is an urgent need to provide change champions with everything they need to facilitate this change!
Civic Enterprise Intrapreneur Champions One-Day Boot Camp
The key role of a Civic Enterprise Intrapreneur Champion is to bring alive creative thinking and commercial awareness in individuals and teams across the council. To achieve this, each champion needs the knowledge, skills and tools to facilitate that change.
09:00 Welcome, Networking and Coffee
09:30 Introduction - Creating an Entrepreneurial Spirit
10:00 Workshop One - Engaging People Through Disruptive
11:00 Networking Break
11:20 Workshop Two - Neuroscience of Collaboration and Creative Thinking
12.30 Networking Lunch
13:15 Workshop Three - How to Change Mindsets and Unblocking Limiting Beliefs
14:15 Workshop Four - Understanding the Neuroscience of Influence and Persuasion
15:00 Networking Break
15:15 Workshop Five - Introduction to Cafe Style Facilitation for Change Champions