San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Claims, Disputes & Adjudication
How to handle claims and disputes effectively including resolution through adjudication.
- Anyone involved with any aspect of specialist contracts, sub contracts or supply contracts, particularly sales, project management, contract managers, supervisors, senior managers and directors, project administrators and finance managers.
Duration and Price
- 1 day £189 + VAT
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a clear understanding of the legal background to claims
- Learn how to identify and assess the different types of claims including incoming, outgoing, real and spurious (false) claims.
- Real life examples and advice with particular reference to specialist construction works
- Gain an understanding of the most common causes of disputes, contractual mugging and how to avoid them
- Be able to identify when adjudication would be a cost effective means of formal dispute resolution
- Understand how to refer disputes to an adjudication and how to respond to one launched against your company
- Develop a good reference guide to adjudication
- How adjudication works using practical examples and workshops to develop and apply theory • Providing the knowledge and means to pursue good claims and defend against spurious claims • How to protect your company’s interests • How to recognise and receive your company’s entitlements
- How to deal with spurious claims and other types of contractual, commercial or financial abuse
- How to minimise and, where necessary, deal with disputes
- Good practice for the production of valid claims
- Breach of contract
- Scope of damages
- Mitigation of loss
- Quantification of damages and performance penalties
- Direct loss and/or expense
- Money claims and Extension of time claims
- Set off
- Resisting spurious claims
- Presenting valid claims
- Resolving disputes: contractual and legal remedies
- So what is adjudication?
- What are the requirements of the Act?
“An insightful look at claims, how they occur and ways to both avoid and resolve them. Highly recommended.”
“I am so pleased we came on this course as only a week later we needed to put our learning into practice! The understanding and advice given ensured we resolved the claim quickly and with minimum impact on the business.”
When & Where
Redfern Contract Consultants Ltd
RCC was established in 2002 with the aim of providing commercial and contractual support and assistance to BMS and other Specialist Contracting companies.
As such, RCC’s training focuses very specifically on the commercial and contractual needs, problems and opportunities that specialist contracting companies encounter every day.
The programme consists of an integrated set of directly targeted and high quality, intensive full day training courses with the aim of providing clear and practical understanding using real-life, common industry sector reference material and experiences.
Our trainers and operational team have all worked in the specialist contracting sector of the construction industry so we are well aware of the risks and abuses specialists can be exposed to when contracting. We strive to provide quick effective solutions to address any problems and provide practical help and guidance for long term protection and profitability of your business.
Benefits of attending RCC Training:
Whilst all our courses can be attended individually, they are designed to run sequentially to give specialist sub-contractors the skills and support that will help and assist you to:
• Understand and agree a fair and reasonable contract
• Get paid what you are entitled to, in full and on time
• Recover additional monies for varied, disrupted or prolonged works
• Manage your projects more effectively
• Avoid and/ or resolve disputes
• Implement good commercial contract practices