Actions and Detail Panel
Clean Carbon Sandpit event
Wed 5 October 2016, 12:00 – 17:00 BST
Free Clean Carbon event with buffet lunch and networking plus tea and cakes during the afternoon.
We are keen to respond in a timely way to all funding calls and we believe it is important to make our funding applications reflect both the multidisciplinary nature of the challenge posed by anthropogenic CO2 in the atmosphere, and the full range of our carbon-related multidisciplinary research at Southampton. So whether you are interested in policy, health issues around air pollution, technologies for reducing carbon footprint, social behaviour to raise awareness, changing energy usage or developing sustainable new technologies, we want to hear from you.
Draft Schedule (may be subject to changes)
- 12.00 Lunch and networking - this event will be informal and so lunch can overlap with our next activity and people can eat while they participate
- 12.15 Introduction - Overview of our purpose - The six research themes and their theme leads - Invitation to participants to join one of the theme tables
- 12.30 - Theme tables engage in discussion starting with 2 minutes to introduce yourself and your research. Our theme lead facilitators will be on each table and we will have a roving PublicPolicy@Southampton colleague to advise on policy implications. Discussion starts by: a) identifying what is the crucial next step for research in that theme b) identifying which of the other themes would be needed to make a strong bid work?
- 13.30 - Table shuffle: participants can move to a different theme table which is of interest and repeat 2 minute introductions and then move on to discuss: a) what is the next crucial step forward in that theme b) which other themes are key to promoting successful cross-discipline approaches?
- 14.30 - Theme leads give short presentations of feedback from the discussions outlining: a) what is the next crucial step forward in that theme b) which other themes are key to promoting successful cross-discipline approaches? c) what 4 opportunties have emerged from the discussions?
- 15.00 - The EU Funding office - A presentation on the relevant and timely funding opportunities in H2020
- 15.15 - RIS Research Support and Collaboration Managers: Current Clean Carbon related funding opportunities
- 15.30 - Break out: to 4 funding opportunity tables Each table will: a) Identify steps needed to tackle the 4 opprtunities that have been identified b) Identify UoS expertise from the knowledge they have c) Identify existing industrial partners d) Identify areas we are lacking e) Which companies would need to be on board? f) Which of the calls mooted would be most appropriate?
- 16.25 - Theme leads to pull together what kind of potential is emerging from the discussions over tea and coffee
- 16.40 - a chance to network
17.00 - Finish
Date and Time
University of Southampton Highfield Campus
Building 54 Room 7035 (7B)