Actions and Detail Panel
CND Open Conference - Manchester Peace Trail!
Sun 23 October 2016, 15:00 – 17:00 BST
As part of CND's Open Conference 2016, there will be a guided walk around the Manchester Peace Trail, led by Steve Roman.
The walk covers sites connected with the growth of Manchester as the world's first industrial city and its importance as a centre for peace and radical political thinking, including
* Peterloo and the popular reform movement
* The Free Trade Hall, suffragettes to the Sex Pistols
* Abraham Lincoln, Manchester Cathedral and the campaign against slavery
* The Hidden Gem and religious tolerance
* Migration and the movement of peoples
* Alan Turing and gay rights
* MAG and the Nobel Peace Prize