Adventures with Agile are proud to partner with the Agile Coaching Insitute to offer the Coaching Agile Teams 3.0 course with Lyssa Adkins and Antoinette Coetzee in London this November.
Coaching Agile Teams 3.0: An Integral Approach to Working with Agile Teams in Complex Environments.
Coaching Agile Teams is a three day certified workshop for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their overall agile coaching skills and effectiveness. This workshop will be led by Lyssa Adkins and Antoinette Coetzee.
The latest version, Coaching Agile Teams 3.0, is updated and expanded to address the complex environments in which most Agile teams (and Agile Coaches) operate.
When the Agile Coaching Institute started teaching Coaching Agile Teams in 2010, the main job of most ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches was to get teams up and running well. Now, Agile teams are almost the norm, although many are not running well. And, if they are, they can easily be held back by the broader organizational landscape that is not as “agile-enabling” as needed.
Coaching Agile Teams 3.0 addresses this complexity head-on with expanded lessons in:
- ways to see the broader organizational environment more completely, and tools to work with it
- role complexity, including the role of managers and roles in a scaled agile setting
- team culture and evolution
- working with the impact of organizational culture
- the Integral Agile Operating System™ that provides a set of thinking tools and a model for crafting powerful agile coaching interventions
The course delivers the key agile coaching content, skills and mindsets, all built on a transformational education platform that over 2,000 students have already enjoyed. To say the least, it is highly interactive and experiential: we have never had anyone complain of being bored!
Tickets are £1600 + VAT.
Many students have reported that this course changed their work and even their life. Read the testimonials on the Agile Coaching Institute website.
Reviews of other Adventures with Agile events can be found here: www.adventureswithagile.com/feedback.
About Lyssa Adkins
Since 2004, I have taught Scrum and Agile Coaching to well over a thousand students, coached many agile teams, and served as master coach to scores of apprentice coaches.
In both one-on-one settings and small groups, I enjoy a front-row seat as remarkable agile coaches emerge and go on to entice the very best from the teams and organizations they coach.
With ACI, I have had the pleasure of training over 2,000 people in the skills and mindsets of great agile coaching. Prior to agile, I had more than fifteen years of expertise leading project teams and groups of project managers (I was even a PMO Director — twice!), yet nothing prepared me for the power of agile done simply and well.
I believe that agile is more than an alternate project management methodology and I am passionate about deepening the roles in agile – specifically agile coach and agile manager – to help agile move into its fullest expression.
I hold an alphabet soup of certifications: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), ICAgile Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB), Organization and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC) and Associate Certified Coach (ACC). I am also a trained Co-Active Coach and Leader. In 2010, I authored Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition.
About Antoinette Coetzee
Everything I have ever done in my career comes together in my current role as transformation coach. At the heart of what I do is the desire to develop people, be that as individuals, as members of teams, or as leaders. Agile and Lean bring about major shifts in the way people view work. I love supporting teams and organisations through that difficult change to watch them flourish on the other side. Through a process of training, mentoring and coaching people go from struggling or average to successful, self-managed, high-performing individuals that understand what it means to BE Agile rather than merely DOing it. This is a challenge in the type of organisations we work in - medium to large corporates - but life is pretty boring without a challenge.
Who Would Benefit from the Workshop
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers who want a fuller understanding of the complete range of agile coaching skills.
- Agile Coaches who want to expand their skill set and gain the ability to break-through previously intractable problems on their teams.
- Agile managers, Product Owners and others wishing to access a broader range of skills in working with their teams.
This is decidedly not a beginning agile class, but also not an advanced one. It is an intermediate course for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience.
You should also be grounded in Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified Professional), a Certified ScrumMaster, or equivalent agile training. The course builds directly on your agile team experience – without this, you and your colleagues will get a less than fulfilling experience.
The class prepares you to act as a leader on agile teams and leave with ideas for helping them as soon as you get back.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering agile coaching skills will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Understand and utilize the four key Skill Areas and four Knowledge Areas applied by the best agile coaches (ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Framework).
- Create healthy teams that are resilient, creative, resourceful and resonant.
- Listen fully and ask essential, powerful questions that open up new possibilities and propel people into action.
- Clearly ascertain the distinction between coaching and mentoring and know when to apply each most successfully.
- Observe two professional coaching and mentoring demos (live) using students’ real-life agile situations.
- Understand how to address the dysfunctional approaches to conflict teams often develop.
- Coach and mentor people through all kinds of change, especially the change required to occupy agile roles fully.
- See the broader organizational context more clearly and determine the best interventions, and your best actions, to positively affect it. (ACI’s Integral Agile Operating System™)
- You’ll walk away from the course with your personal coaching improvement backlog – a tangible plan you can use to thoughtfully improve your coaching when you’re back on the job.
You’ll have many new things to try with your teams and you will probably depart with a few provocative ideas to chew on (in fact, maybe wrangle with for a while). All of these outcomes add up to your ability to become the excellent agile coach your teams and organization needs.
Coaching Agile Teams is a training experience that covers both the being and the doing of agile coaching. There’s a lot to learn, experience and practice! At the end of the course, you will be capable of applying many new tools and techniques, as well as your own mindset changes, to coach agile teams to health. As practical as it is provocative, the Coaching Agile Teams course challenges agile coaches to rise to the fullest expression of their role.
- Professional Coaching. Learn and practice the key professional coaching skills and know when to use them.
- Mentoring. Practice offering your knowledge and sharing your experience while keeping accountability for taking action where it belongs — with the person who has the problem.
- Teaching. Utilize insights from adult learning to amplify your teaching, whether it’s teaching the agile basics or teaching an advanced agile technique.
- Facilitating. Experience many facilitation techniques you can use with your teams and emulate the expert modeling offered throughout the class.
- Resonant “WE” Space. Understand team culture and relationships, the evolution of team development, how to move teams toward health and high performance, and practice designing a team start-up or reset.
- Change and Roles. Articulate the key role transitions for project managers, testers, tech leads and managers and understand how to help people change, specifically related to their agile role transition. Prepare yourself to conduct a pivotal conversation.
- Roles at Scale. Get clear about how roles operate at scale, what each role needs to focus on, and how they interconnect.
- Integral Agile Operating System™. Create an assessment of team health and performance using all perspectives through the Integral Agile Operating System™ and determine ways you can actively work with what you discover.
- Conflict. Change your relationship with conflict and help the team learn to do conflict well, rather than you mediating it or fixing it.
- Designing Coaching/Mentoring Relationships. Learn how to consciously “design” coaching/mentoring relationships that allow you to operate with both backbone and heart.
- Coaching Stance. Craft your personal coaching stance, a powerful “come from” place that helps bring your vision of “agile done well” into being.
- Coaching Agile Teams is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of Coaching Agile Teams, you can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-AC). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert-Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification. (Nominal additional fee to obtain the ICP-AC applies) To be eligible for the ICP-AC, you must not miss more than 1 hour of class. Learn more at ICAgile.
- Coaching Agile Teams is also approved by the Scrum Alliance and yields 21 SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM. Learn more at the Scrum Alliance.
- Any learning in Agile is typically acceptable to the Project Management Institute as continuing education. Coaching Agile Teams yields 21 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP. Learn more at the PMI.
Please read our full terms and conditions.
When & Where
Adventures with Agile
Whether you’re looking to learn how to use Scrum or Kanban, or important agile coaching, leadership and faciliatation skills we have the course that will suit your needs.
Speak to us today about our public or in-house training courses and workshops. To see all our courses click here.
T: 0203 369 1125