Coaching continues to grow as a key approach to developing people and HR and L&D managers are now becoming more savvy on what to look for when buying in coaching services. In an unregulated industry how do you spot a good coach?
This session is for coaches who are looking to benchmark themselves against best practise and establish how to differentiate themselves in a saturated market. It is equally useful for the buyers of coaching who are looking for value for money and a return on investment. Julia will provide some pragmatic tips based on latest research and many years on the frontline of coaching including:
- What are the qualities and skills of a good coach?
- The three cornerstones of a good coach CPD; qualifications/ training accreditation and supervision
- Accreditation or Membership of a coaching body? How to tell the difference and whether it matters anyway.
- Ethical awareness in a coach – what does unethical look like?
- A check list for buyers of coaching
Julia Menaul is an Accredited Professional Executive Coach (Association for Coaching) with 1500 hours coaching experience. She is a Chartered Fellow of the CIPD and has coaching supervision qualifications from the Bath Consultancy Group and the Coaching Supervision Academy.