Who's your best manager ever? Whether it is your current boss, or someone you still recall fondly after thirty years, it is a safe bet that they:
- had a light managerial touch
- checked in on your progress and your needs, but didn’t fuss over every detail
- asked the right questions, but also let you talk and contribute
- worried about your personal development
- gave clear guidelines and explained why things were needed
These managers – the ones who let us fly and who help us to ‘own’ our work – act more like concerned colleagues than traditional ‘just do it’ bosses. And study after study shows that they create happier and more productive working environments.
Over the last two decades, the techniques of the best managers have been studied and codified under the generic term Coaching Skills. In this one-day course, we look at some of the best of Coaching Skills:
- Understanding the different things that drives different people
- Finding ways to make each person’s work meaningful to them
- providing real, regular and two-way feedback
- Having coaching conversations – about work needs, real and imagined fears, personal growth, colleagues behaviours
Do I have to book using Eventbrite?
No. You can simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation, billing address and a note of any access issues. We will issue an invoice in advance of your attendance.
What refreshments are served at the training?
Two free rounds of tea, coffee and biscuits are served on arrival and at mid-morning. There is no free lunch. The venue’s café serves hot and cold food on a cash basis.
Is there disabled access?
The venue is fully accessible. Please let us know in advance of any access requirements.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please refer to the venue website http://www.rsscentre.org.uk/docs/directions.pdf
What can/can't I bring to the event?
No need to bring equipment or laptop unless we specifically ask in the training descriptor. Pen and paper may be handy for notes.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you want to transfer to another training course, please contact us with five or more days’ notice at email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Civicos Training requires five working days' notice of cancellation. We will always attempt to place you on a later version of the same course, or transfer your booking to another course at no extra cost. However, if you cancel with less than the required notice, we do resrve the right to charge for the full cost of the course
Save This Event
When & Where
Civicos Training and Communications CiC