Coalition or Minority Government in May?
Wednesday, 15 April 2015 from 13:00 to 14:00 (BST)
Speakers: Robert Hazell & Peter Riddell
Robert Hazell and Peter Riddell have been briefing the broadcasters on the process of government formation in the event of a hung Parliament. This seminar is based on that briefing, in which they explain:
- How the negotiations will be conducted between the parties
- The role of the Queen, and the Civil Service
- How 2015 will differ from 2010
- How long the talks will take
- Who governs in the meantime
- The different types of government which might emerge
- The chances of a second election.
In 2010 Robert Hazell and Peter Riddell worked closely with Whitehall and with the media to help them prepare for a hung Parliament, and they are playing a similar role in 2015.
Robert Hazell is Professor of Government and the Director of the Constitution Unit at University College London (UCL).
Peter Riddell is the Director of the Institute for Government
A light lunch will be held in the Common Room, 29-30 Tavistock Sq at 12.30pm
When & Where
The Constitution Unit
The Constitution Unit is an independent and non-partisan research centre based in the Department of Political Science at University College London.