Actions and Detail Panel
Coast to Coast Cycle Sportive
Sat 24 June 2017, 05:00 – 19:00 BST
This is a fantastically hard challenge, but well worth the effort – this iconic cycle route, usually taken at a leisurely pace over four days, is going to be tackled in 24 hours!
JDRF have been allocated 20 places on this stunning 150-mile road ride from the mountainous Western Lake District, through the Yorkshire Dales, across the flat Vale of York and finally the Northern Valleys of the North York Moors, finishing by the sea in Whitby.
The event is full for one off bookings, but Open Cycling have kindly given us 20 places to create a group of hardy cyclists! Open Cycling is owned by James Thurlow, type 1 blogger and ultra runner, and he wanted to create a team from JDRF, maybe made up of parents of type 1 children, so that they could meet and be inspired by his team of 20 type 1 riders.
- Fully signed route
- Four feed stations along the route – sweet and savoury snacks available and access to water to re-fill water bottles. A variety of food will be available at each of the four feed stations and these will include fresh baguettes, selection of cakes, soup and fruit
- GPX route files
- Electronic timing chip
- Medical cover throughout the ride
- Showers at Whitby Leisure Centre
- Personal kit bag transfer from Seascale to Whitby Leisure Centre
- Windermere Ferry Crossing
When you enter, you will then become part of the 20 strong team, and Jude Sutton will be in touch.
£75 per person
Get in touch
Any questions, call or email Jude on 0161 928 7067, firstname.lastname@example.org