Actions and Detail Panel
Coastal Foraging event - Newquay
Sat 15 April 2017, 13:00 – 16:00 BST
This spring coastal foray will take in many the edible delights the cornwall coast has to offer, along with some general non coastal edibles. We would expect to cover 20-30 edible species during the course and you will learn how to identify, assess, and sustainably harvest these for food/booze/medicine.
Parking there is limited and I would advise to get there early to ensure a space, or walk down to the meeting point allowing time to do so. Wellies or waterproof boots are required. Please bring notebooks/cameras/things to collect samples etc, or whatever you feel you need best to take in the information.
The course will be led by Eden Wild Food's Matthew Normansell assisted by Kerry Woodfield of Woodfield Wild (www.facebook.com/woodfieldwild)
- Foraging ethics and the law
- plant identification tips and tricks
- the foraging mindset, learn to look not to seek
- practical hands on experience with top edible plants and deadly poisonous species, and how to differentiate.
- harvesting ethically
- wild food cook up at the end with chef Kerry Woodfield
The course will last a couple of hours, followed by a cook up at the end using some of the plants we have collected.
any questions please ask.