Actions and Detail Panel
Cochlear™ MRI scanning and Cochlear Implants course – London
Fri 20 January 2017, 11:00 – 15:00 GMT
The likelihood that a cochlear implant recipient will require an MRI scan at some point in their lives is increasing year on year. Cochlear implants contain a magnet to keep the external headpiece in the correct position. This does not necessarily rule this procedure out for these patients; however certain precautions need to be adhered to.
Radiographers need to be aware of the guidelines in place that allow these special cases to be scanned in a safe and comfortable manner.
This seminar will provide you with the latest safety guidelines, research on imaging patients with cochlear implants and hands-on experience preparing a cochlear implant recipient for MRI.
Friday, 20 January 2017, 11:00 – 15:00
Burrough’s Room at Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE www.wellcomecollection.org
• 10.45 Arrivals and coffee
• 11.00 Introduction: What is a Cochlear Implant?
• 11.15 Overview of (contra)indications for MRI and CI recipients
• 11.30 Aspects of MRI for CI recipients that affect radiologists
• 12.00 Working with areas of artefact
• 12.30 Lunch
• 13.15 Preparing your patient for MRI
• 13.45 Practical session on preparing your CI patient for MRI
• 15.00 Close
Please register to attend. This course is free for all radiographers and will include a buffet lunch.
Attendance is via online registration only. Click the green ‘REGISTER’ button to process your registration and confirm your place.
If you have any special dietary or access requirements, please send these by email to email@example.com