Make getting involved with Code Club one of your goals for 2017!
Join us as we team up with The Chase School in Malvern for a fantastic evening of fun, play, demos and talks.
Refreshments will be provided.
At the Event:
- meet with one of our Star Clubs, Malvern Wells Primary School, as they will be showing off how they've been inspired by the Code Club resources to develop their own amazing interactive micro:bit games and activities;
- we welcome Simon Wihl from Malvern Instruments who will demonstrate how the micro:bit can measure very small particles, nm to mm. Come and see a demo of the finished article - and Simon will hopefully be sizing some particles along the way too;
- a talk with Code Club Champion Bob Bilsland about hosting and volunteering;
- Adrian Burden will talk about Innovate Malvern’s activities to promote coding. Innovate Malvern offers monthly Raspberry Jams at the Wyche Innovation Centre for both students after school and later in the evenings. The social enterprise is also organising the 6th annual Malvern Festival of Innovation which will feature coding activities for schools, and it is putting on a new event called Malvern Science in the Park, and working to set up a Malvern MakerSpace which will support digital creativity;
- demos of Python projects and ideas.
- get inspiration on creative and digital making for your venue, see some of the latest projects and activities in action and network, chat and meet with like-minded people;
- ...and pizza, yes, there will be pizza.
The meetup is our way to introduce you to what Code Club and its partners, hosts and volunteers are up to; to say thank you to our current Code Club hosts and volunteers and offer a big hello to our newbies.
We have loads of schools, libraries and other venues across Worcestershire and beyond looking for volunteers now to start their clubs. We might even be able to match you up with a venue
Our coordinator for the area will be present answer any questions you have about starting or running a club.
Calling all demonstrators
If you'd like to show off something cool at the event, please get in touch with Tim Wilson - email@example.com. Places are extremely limited.
Calling existing Code Club volunteers
We look forward to meeting you!
John Palmer, The Chase Malvern
Tim Wilson, Code Club
What are my transport options getting to the event?
There is plentiful parking at The Chase School and the venue is a 15-20 walk from Malvern Rail Station.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?