Actions and Detail Panel
CODP Professional Symposium
Fri 7 April 2017, 12:00 – 19:00 BST
The College is marking the move to full Allied Health Profession status for ODPs with a Professional Symposium on the afternoon of Friday 7 April 2017.
The event is being held at the UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road London, NW1 2AY.
The confirmed programme includes the following;
- Welcoming ODPs to the AHP Family - Suzanne Rastrick, Chief Allied Health Professions Officer NHS England
- Medicines update – Work stream to include ODPs on the list of professionals able to work under Patient Group Directives - Shelagh Morris OBE, Deputy Chief Allied Health Professions Officer NHS England and Hannah Abbott President Elect of CODP
- Patient Safety Agenda Update - Joan Russell, Head of Patient Safety Clinical Engagement NHS Improvement and Bill Kilvington outgoing President of CODP
- HCPC Update – Elaine Buckley, Chair of the Council HCPC
- Launch of the revised BSc Curriculum in Operating Department Practice – Mike Donnellon, Chair of the Education Standards Committee
- Investiture of Hannah Abbott as the 7th President of the College of Operating Department Practitioners
The formal programme will be followed by a wine reception where delegates can meet with members of the Professional Council informally. This part of the event has been generously sponsored by Anectic Aid and Intersurgical, long-time supporters of the College and the Profession.
Places are strictly limited and the £25 delegate fee includes lunch, refreshments and the wine reception.