Colony Women: Afternoon Tea with a Twist
In response to demand for a female only event, we are pleased to announce the launch of:
What you'll get:
- NETWORKING - and lots of it as you'll meet more than your fellow table attendees with the format that's planned.
- TEA - to drink, to sample, to discuss.
- EDUCATION - about the above tea during a private tea tasting and talk by Jennifer Perry of Room Forty.
- CAKE - to accompany the tea you shall taste and to keep you going until your proper evening tea.
- MOTIVATION - Jo Howarth of the Happiness Club will be our guest speaker. But the talk has a twist to be revealed.
- LADIES - the event will be of particular benefit to professional and executive women, ex corporates, female business owners, managers and key decision makers in businesses trading in Cheshire, Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
- FUN - we're serious about making networking work but it's about people after all so it will be friendly, informal and fun
- CONNECTIONS Service (optional extra) - if you're trying to connect with a particular contact, let us help. We can do the legwork to invite your chosen contact as your guest when you select the 'Tea for Two' ticket option and add the Connections ticket option.
- PREVIEW - an optional tour of The Base, Warrington's latest office and venue space, after our event ends.
TIMINGS (subject to adjustment):
14.45 – Arrival, Registration and Open Networking
15.10 – Welcome
15.15 – Spotlights
15.20 – TEA Talk by Jennifer Perry of Room Forty, Tasting & Networking
15.45 – Interval and the twist
16.05 – MOTIVATION – Jo Howarth of The Happiness Club
16.35 – More TEA, CAKE & Networking
16.50 – Thanks and Open Networking
17.00 – Close
- £20 Single Pot (a single event ticket for 1 attendee)
- £30 Tea for Two (a double ticket for yourself plus a colleague or a guest at a reduced rate for two people).
- Colony Connections service - on request. Let us assist you to connect with a particular contact by brokering the contact and extending your invite to them. If they can't or won't attend, you don't pay for the service or their ticket.
The Base, 20 Dallam Lane, Warrington, WA2 7NG.
Ladies only please
No sector or geographical restrictions
No limit per company
ABOUT Colony Women:
Colony Women is a new division of Colony, launched in March 2017 in response to requests from our female contacts and attendees for a ladies only event. We still love networking with our male counterparts and for 9 years (7 branded as Colony) we've run only mixed sessions but we recognise that male and female networking styles can vary and that there may be benefits from different environments. Our Colony Business networking events and workshops will continue to welcome both male and female attendees but we've decided to respond to demand and offer an extra ladies event as well, most likely on a quarterly basis.
All of our networking events are professionally run but friendly and informal events that may involve any of of the following: 60 second introductions, small activities, 121's, presentations from key note speakers and group discussions.
Colony Women events will always have an interesting twist to their structure to maximise networking connection time and ensure attendees have fun, and possibly learn something new about life, themselves or their business. Events will run on a pre-bookable basis only and are competively-priced.
Registration and informal networking always takes place for the first 15+ minutes to allow for open networking and late arrivals, and is then followed by a set format or theme to facilitate introductions, learning, and growth. Meetings usually end with open networking and the chance to stay on for 1-on-1 meetings and benefit from venue offers.
Colony Women is open only to ladies in business and will be of particualr interest to business owners, managers, executives and decision makers in businesses of all sizes based or trading throughout Cheshire, Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside. There is no limitation on the number of companies per sector or business type and no membership fee as events run on a pay-as-you-go basis.
When & Where
The Colony Networking Group
From 2010 to 2015, has been providing pay-as-you-go networking events that are informal, friendly and supportive to growth for businesses operating in the Liverpool-Manchester corridor.
The objective of is to enable businesses and communities to access information and expertise from local services providers. By keeping business local and looking out for fellow business owners and community members, we can all contribute towards a thriving local business community and achieve