A seminar for residential practitioners to promote professional discussion and share best practice, allowing us to explore the ‘real issues’ we encounter and what we can actually do as practitioners to safeguard victims and those at risk of sexual exploitation.
During the workshop candidates will receive a brief presentation from the facilitator outlining current models of care provision and issues faced by residential practitioners in relation to CSE, the law and multi-agency practice. Candidates will then discuss and develop strategies for; risk reduction, prevention, recognition, response and intervention and be supported in linking these strategies to an effective framework for practice for residential practitioners.
At the end of the workshop candidates will be provided with a resource disk including a written framework for practice, legal guidance and a resource directory.
1. Explore and discuss current models of care provision relating to children and young people in a residential setting who are victims of, or at risk of CSE
2. Review and discuss key practice issues in a residential setting when caring for children and young people who are vulnerable to, or victims of CSE
3. Evaluate and describe an effective framework for practice for residential care practitioners
4. Discuss and develop strategies for risk reduction, prevention, recognition, response and intervention
5. Outline and share best practice and resources
6. Review multi agency work including available support networks and services.
1st Morning Session (10am Start)
* Housekeeping & introductions
* Ice breaker
* Scene setting
* What does current residential provision look like nationally?
* Current models and overarching frameworks
* Hexagon Care Services
11:20 – 11:35 2nd Morning Session
* What does best practice look like and what are the fundamental components?
* See Me Hear Me (Mulit Agency model)
* Hexagon Care model & framework for practice
12:30 – 13:10 1st Afternoon session
* Assessing risk
* Measuring impact
* Missing From Care
* Regulation 5
* Multi agency working
14:40 – 14:55 2nd Afternoon Session
* Supporting victims
* Identifying the needs of young people and planning for intervention prior to and post
Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please inform Wendy@nwgnetwork.org as soon as possible? If you prefer to discuss your needs please contact Wendy on 01332 585371 before you attend the course.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The venue is located on the East Service Road just off Raynesway (A5111). (look for a sign " International Department of Trade") turn into the Riverside Business Park and follow it to the right and right again into the large car park - you can park anywhere in the car park for free and head for the far left corner where our offices are located) We are easy accessibility to J24 of the M1 and East Midlands Airport via the A50, reached by the A5111 and A6.
The adjacent A52 dual carriageway is one of the city's principle transport routes, connection with J25 of the M1 to the east before passing into the neighbouring city of Nottingham.
It is a 20 minute cycle or a 10 minute taxi ride from the closest train station (Derby) or a 40/50 minute walk along the river!
Please note that unfortunately our offices are not step free
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact email@example.com
What is the refund policy?
Once a place is secured you may amend your delegate name without charge. You may cancel your booking up to one calendar month without charge. Any cancellations made within two weeks of the seminar date will incur 50% charge. Any cancellations made within a week of the forum date will be liable for full payment. If we cancel the forum for any reason, we will refund 100% of the fee, but will not be held liable for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. We always endeavour to reschedule a forum as apposed to cancelling it.