Actions and Detail Panel
Come and Sing Day with John Rutter - 16th Sept '17
Thu, 9 Mar 2017, 09:30 – Wed, 31 May 2017, 23:30 GMT
Come and Sing with John Rutter at Portsmouth Cathedral!
Whether you are young or old, an experienced chorister who can read music fluently or are new to choral singing, we welcome you to this opportunity to enjoy a day singing in the glorious acoustic of Portsmouth Cathedral. Enjoy an exciting range of new and known repertoire and brush up your vocal technique under the inspiring leadership and direction of John Rutter.
The cost of tickets:
The current Early Bird prices for tickets are:
- Standard Adult, non RSCM member = £20
- Standard Child, non RSCM member = £9
- Adult RSCM member = £13
- Child RSCM member = £0
Any Independent or any member of an Affiliated choir of the RSCM can receive a discount on the price of tickets. Membership will be checked after payment. Please check with your choir leader whether the choir is an RSCM member. If you are still unsure, please contact email@example.com
Early Bird payment is until the 31.5.17. After this date, the price per ticket will go up £2. Discounted prices are those currently published.
There is a minimum age requirement for this event:
- This event is not suitable for children under the age of 8.
- If you are bringing children please make sure there is an adult accompanying them.
The agenda for the day is:
- Doors open from: 9.30am
- Morning session: 10.15am-12.15pm
- Lunch break: 12.15-1.30pm
- First afternoon session: 1.30-2.45pm
- Tea break: 2.45-3.10pm
- Final session: 3.10-4.00pm
You are invited to attend Evensong at 5.00pm, which is being sung by a Visiting Choir.
What should I bring with me?
- You can either bring your own lunch or there are pubs, a Co-op, and a small cafe nearby, with Gunwharf Quays further away. Tea/coffee/squash/water will be provided during the day.
- Music will be provided for the day but this needs to be returned at the end of the day as it will be hired especially for the event. You will be able to purchase music throughout the day.
- There will be an opportunity to purchase John Rutter CDs during the day.
I have other questions; how can I contact you?
- If you would like any further details please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Oliver Hancock at the Cathedral offices (email@example.com)
- If there is particular hardship need, please contact the above email address with contact details and we may be able to assist.
Transport/parking options for getting to the Cathedral
- There is limited street parking near the Cathedral, but there are plenty of public carparks in the vicinity: Grand Parade (on the High Street) and Gunwharf Quays are close to the Cathedral, with the Cascades carpark slightly further away. There are car parks around the University which are available for public use on a Saturday: Nuffield (off St Michael's Rd) and Milldam (off Park Rd: turn right into Burnaby Rd and first left).
- Portsmouth Habour railway station is about a 20-minute walk.
- A Park and Ride bus is available just off M275 and brings you to The Hard/Gunwharf Quays, which is a 15-minute walk from the Cathedral.
- The Cathedral is on Bus Service 1 and 16 from The Hard.
Please bring your printed ticket to the event.
Please bring a ticket to show on entrance to the Cathedral
The refund policy:
After the 1st August, the cost of the music hire will be deducted before a full refund is given.