Actions and Detail Panel
Commercialise Your Creativity: Images of Success
Mon 22 May 2017, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
The most successful people who start a business illuminate their journey by creating a clear mental picture of the world they wish to build. So what would success look like to you?
To help bring your vision alive and into focus we’ll playfully re-create it as a tangible representation that vividly captures your goals and aspirations. We’ll explore how you can use this imagery to ensure that you channel your energies in the activities which will help you realise your ultimate goal.
We’ll then look at the skills and capacities of new venture creators in the 21st century and examine how creative entrepreneurs are making use of their own skills and capacities to exploit opportunities.
Using self-assessment profiling tools, you will explore your own potential to be enterprising and at look at how your existing skills can be harnessed and developed to put your ideas into action.
You will get the opportunity to:
- identify the characteristics of entrepreneurs
- reflect on your own entrepreneurial traits
- explore how you can build on your entrepreneurial capacities
- consider the implications for your own businesses of those areas you feel under-confident about and develop strategies to address any skills gaps
- plan your own ‘entrepreneurial apprenticeship’
All the materials you'll need will be provided but feel free to bring along images or objects which will help you articulate your future.
This professional development workshop is for emerging artists and other creative practitioners looking to commercialise their work. It has been funded by the Arts Council England and Newcastle City Library