Communicating Science workshop - 3rd March 2014
Monday, 3 March 2014 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Communicate your science:
Through various practical activities, researchers will explore their work’s impact on society, improve their communication skills and receive direction on how to engage with different audiences. The workshop fee includes all resources, a full day's tuition with experienced practitioners and refreshments throughout the day.
- develop their understanding of the place of science within society and the impact of their work
- gain confidence in engaging the public with their research
- become aware of existing public engagement platforms
- learn about how social media can be used to communicate science
- find their research 'hook' - what's the most exciting thing about what you do?
This workshop is aimed at MSc (research) students and above and is ideal for PhD and early post-doc researchers from all aspects of the sciences.
NB - this workshop will only take place if 10+ participants register. In the event that this workshop doesn't take place, full refunds will be given.
When & Where
The Science in Society team at the British Science Association
We provide communication skills training for researchers, engineers, students and clinicians to engage the public with their work.
Whether you want to deliver compelling public lectures, design an eye-catching poster, or just develop your communication skills, we can design and deliver a course to help.
We have delivered workshops at Imperial College, Newcastle University and Guy's & St Thomas' hospital, among others.