Communication Skills for Beginners
Aims of the session
This session aims to enable participants to apply a range of interpersonal communication skills with confidence.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe the cycle of communication
- Discuss how language is used to communicate information
- Describe the importance of listening techniques
- Use body language that encourages communication
- Describe how using tone of voice is important in verbal communication
The session will begin with an icebreaker, and is followed by a tutor talk on the meaning of communication, the role of the brain and the cycle of communication. A group work exercise is followed by a further tutor talk, a listening exercise in pairs, and then an exercise on tone of voice.
This workshop is only open to London Met students/staff/recent graduates. No public admittance.