Develop a superpower in the world of business
The “Communication Skills For Professionals” workshop is a fun, exciting and interactive course for people who want to become better communicators in the work place.
Communication skills are an essential skill that really can help you boost your career opportunities, your team’s effectiveness or your influence as a business leader.
Communication skills are a core skill hiring managers look out for. Being a good communicator is also a really great trait of effective employees, managers and leaders.
There aren’t many education systems on the planet that teach communication skills to kids. So it’s no surprise many people when they enter the workplace aren't effective at communicating.
Few companies actually teach communication skills to their employees too!
It’s no wonder a significant number of businesses have poor internal and external communications. Poor communication also effects productivity and engagement.
So go ahead – develop a superpower, excel in your career and start solving the business problems you face with consistent, effective and considered communication.
In this workshop I jump in to some basic communication science – enough to plant the seeds of how and why we communicate. We look at some models and theories in a fun way. And then we dig in to some scenarios where I re-enforce what we’ve been learning about.
You’ll learn how to:
- Hack your own body to change your physiology!
- Literally change a hostile work environment in to a friendly one
- Get the right results from emails and other written communication (I give you 10 strategies for better writing)
- Run effective meetings (who wouldn’t want better meetings?)
- Listen better
- Control your non-verbal communication whilst reading other people like a book
- Get people to keep talking with nothing more than a head nod
- Add “tone of voice” to your writing
- Control dominating people in meetings
- Give feedback
- Network like a pro
- Present like you’ve been doing Keynotes for years
- and much much more!
It’s not for the faint hearted though – it’s a fun day, chocked full of information that works and it will be intense.
You can find out more about the workshop on the Cultivated Management website.
You can find me on Twitter and LinkedIn.
If you have any questions before signing up don't hesitate to get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location still to be confirmed but it will be Winchester city centre, UK.
Note: The date is tentative for 28th Jan - I may need to push it back to 4th Feb - date will be confirmed by Mid December at the latest.
Do you have questions about Communication Skills For Business Professionals?
Contact Rob Lambert