Actions and Detail Panel
Community Information Point Training & Networking Module 1
Tue 27 June 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
Join our exciting network of Dudley borough Information Champions!
You may already be a member of staff, community leader or a volunteer from an organisation who supports local people. Perhaps you signpost people to health, wellbeing or social care services, belong to a local charity or help people to understand where to go for benefits or debt advice...
What does being an Information Champion involve?
- Attending two half day training and networking sessions - Induction (Module 1) and Information Resources (Module 2)
- Accessing the internet where you work or volunteer to provide signposting
- Learning how to navigate and share information from local trusted online directories and websites
- Thinking about how to provide community information in a person-centred way
- Developing communication skills in a relaxed environment
- Networking with lots of other Information Champions
- Sharing examples of the difference you are making
- Having fun!
By registering for this training you confirm that you:
- Work or volunteer in Dudley borough
- Have access to the internet and have basic computer skills
- Have discussed this opportunity with your employer or host organisation
- Are already in an information giving role or working towards doing so
- Agree to join our network of Information Champions
How do I book?
- Simply choose your session from the blue 'select a date' box at the top of this page, hit the green register button then scroll to choose the sector you will be representing as a Community Information Champion
- If several people from the same organisation wish attend, please register onto different sessions to enable a more varied networking experience
Where will my induction take place?
- Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre, Venture Way, Brierley Hill, DY5 1RU
- Long and short stay pay and display parking is available opposite the building
- Your training will take place in the 3rd floor meeting room. Please go to Adult Social Care reception (Blue Badge desk) on the ground floor to register
Do I need to bring anything?
- If you have any, a small bundle of leaflets about your organisation to share with the group
- We will provide refreshments, pens and note-paper
- Please contact Deb or Melissa on 03000 111 001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org