Actions and Detail Panel
Community Organisers 2016 - Sustaining the Energy
Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 11:30 – Wed, 22 Jun 2016, 15:30 BST
Community Organisers 2016 (CO16): Sustaining the Energy
Start: 11.30 Tuesday 21st June
End: 15.30 Wednesday 22nd June
(Day tickets also available)
Where: Yarnfield Park, Staffordshire
WHAT IS COMMUNITY ORGANISERS 2016 (CO16)?
CO16 is a ‘experiential learning’ event on a grand scale for community organisers. An energising 2 day residential that brings together inspirational people working in neighbourhoods across England to learn from one another, reflect, take away new ideas, make new connections and strengthen our collective work.
‘Sustaining the energy’ is the theme for CO16 and will drive the two-day programme.
Together we will explore how we can ‘sustain the energy’ in the work that is connecting our communities, and continue to develop our growing network.
What are our key successes? How can we build on these successes? What are the key elements that can help the network to continue in its growth? What are the barriers to further success?
COLtd Board Member Elections: As part of the event we will also be holding our first Annual General Meeting (AGM) under our recently amended governing documents. CO16 is a chance for members of COLtd to stand for the Board and vote on new board members. (Full details on how to stand for election, and how to vote will be sent to all members prior to the event).
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Based around a mix of creative events, speakers and debates, smaller workshops and socialising, We hope that CO16 will offer valuable support, information and training to our network.
CO16 also has its Wild Margins – fringe meetings, surgeries, pop-up events, wellbeing sessions, sport and entertainment.
You will receive more information about the programme shortly, so watch this space!
Here is the latest news on CO16 and the important and exciting workshops that have been confirmed.
There are lots of fantastic workshops confirmed for CO16 on the 21st and 22nd June. Many of which are specifically designed to help you or your organisation become sustainable and energised.
Workshops are spread over both days with two on Tuesday 21st and two on Wednesday 22nd of June (one workshop space followed by a chance to connect in our regional networking spaces).
Day 1 (Tuesday 21st), confirmed workshops include;
• Big Lottery Fund - ‘Resources for a Sustainable Network’
• COLtd - Making Membership Matter
• Big Lunch - Eden Project Big Lunch Extras
• David Kirkwood - Using Digital to Tell Stories
• Brighton University - Building Campaigns and Alliances
• Power to Change - Building Community Businesses
Confirmed for Day 1 (Tuesday 21st), Workshop Session 2
• COLtd, Locality, and Hackney Co-operative Development - Community Organising and the role of Organisations
• Big Lottery Fund - ‘Resources for a Sustainable Network’ (repeated)
• DCLG and CoopsUK - Alternative financing for community Organisers
• Power to Change - Building Community Businesses (repeated)
• Tinder Foundation - What makes a good funding bid?
• DCLG - Community Rights (Specifically aimed the COMFund grantees)
Confirmed for Day 2 (Wednesday 22nd) Workshop Session 1
• Mandy Wilson - Communicating Impact
• COLtd - Community Organising and Art of Hosting
• Brighton University - Building campaigns and alliances (repeated)
• Business Connectors - Community Organisers and Business Connectors
• DCLG and COLtd - Community Organising and the Role of Local Authority
Confirmed for Day 2 (Wednesday 22nd) Workshop Session 2
• Everyone - Regional Meet Up – a chance to bring all of experiences, build alliances and connections together in regions. These are the workshops that connect the local, wider, national associations.
CO16 is open to everyone, whether a member, non-member, organisation, volunteer or full time Community Organiser. CO16 is full of people who care about the places they live and who believe positive lasting change starts with local people. There will be organisers, leaders, activists, facilitators, educators, campaigners and champions all of whom make up the rich membership of COLtd.
WHAT IS MY ROLE?
To come with an open mind, to share and build on your experiences and ideas, question and challenge, and learn from and with others. And thoroughly enjoy yourself of course!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Tickets for Individuals
Early Bird Ticket £50+vat: Early Bird tickets are available for a limited amount of time.
Individuals Ticket £90+vat: This is the standard price for tickets to the event.
Day Rate Ticket £25+vat: The price is the same for either day of attending.
Tickets for Organisations
Organisation ticket £125+vat: The organisation ticket is for one person and includes space for a display stand.
(Small print: These price do not include travel, but do include accommodation, meals, refreshments and all workshops/activities. Ticket prices may also be subject to a booking fee as set by Eventbrite and payment providers).
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ON UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
By car: Yarnfield Park has a new 390 space car park
By train: Yarnfield is easily reached by rail from either Stone, Stafford or Stoke train stations.
COLtd will provide free coach transfer from Stone train station on arrival and departure. The coaches will leave at specific times and it will be the responsibility of the traveller to be at the coach pick up locations on time.
Coach Times: FROM STONE TRAIN STATION ONLY: On arrival 21st June either 10.00 or 11.00 - Departure on 22nd June 16.15
Please note: If you choose to make your own way to Yarnfield from Stafford or Stoke train stations that the Taxi fare is approx. £25.
Will there be any Creche facilities at CO16?
No. COltd will not be providing any crèche facilities at CO16.
Where can I contact COLtd with any questions?
If you have any questions regarding CO16 please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org