Actions and Detail Panel
Complete Guide to Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
Wed 24 May 2017, 09:45 – 14:30 BST
COMPLETE GUIDE TO EDUCATION, HEALTH & CARE PLANS - EHCP's
We have been asked to prove there is demand for EHCP learning events in order to acquire funding to increase the number of EHCP workshops we are able to provide across Hertfordshire.
***PLEASE HELP - REGISTER FOR FUTURE WORKSHOPS (DATES & VENUES TO BE CONFIRMED) BY BOOKING A PROVISIONAL PLACE VIA THE MAY WAITING LIST, HERE.***
Provisional registration on our waiting list comes with no obligation, various events will be confirmed in late April if sufficient demand is evident.
For Parents and carers of children and young people (aged 0-25 years, any condition) who:
- currently have a statement of special educational needs and are transferring to an EHCP
- are about to start or will be going through the process of getting an EHC plan
- wish to improve the quality of an existing plan
This supportive and practical workshop separates fact from fiction and supports constructive outcomes planning with partners in your child's education.
• What an EHC plan is, how it differs from a statement, when it becomes necessary and legal background
• The process for new applications and transfers
• Section by section do and don'ts, legal background, myth busting, examples, templates and tools to help.
• How parents can be involved and help prepare outcomes and achieve a meanginful good qualityplan for their child
• What the rights of the child or young person under the new law and how they can be involved
• Who can help to support you and what services/professionals can be involved