Actions and Detail Panel
Comprehension with Project X | Introductory Workshop (Cardiff)
Tue 23 May 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
FREE Comprehension Workshop
We would like to invite you to a free half-day workshop with Lindsay Pickton on how to use guided reading to raise standards in comprehension.
What will be covered?
During the workshop, you will be shown strategies to help you to:
- Use the power of talk to develop inference, critical thinking and other higher-level comprehension skills
- Reduce your workload through straightforward planning
- Group your class to catch struggling children and stretch high-achievers
- Develop discussion and reading for pleasure
- Use Project X Origins as an effective guided reading programme.
Registration for this event is from 1.15pm.
Who will be speaking?
An experienced Teaching and Learning Advisor specialising in Primary Literacy, Lindsay leads inspiring and practical training for all aspects of English teaching, from guided reading to drama and reading for pleasure.
Who should attend?
Subject leaders, Literacy Coordinators and Senior Leader Team.
How many places are available?
Two places per school.
Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.
Delegates can park at the Gol Football Centre at the end of Lawrenny Avenue or at the Leckwith Shopping Park, which is within walking distance. There are some parking spaces on the road, with some spaces designated for residents only.