This one day conference for secondary Computer science teachers, run by Guardian Education Centre, will look at good classroom practice and resources, raising achievement, engaging girls in the subject, digital development in action and future trends and skills required in the tech industry.
Secondary school teachers and college tutors who want to:
- Raise engagement and achievement in the Computer science secondary curriculum.
- Develop strategies to encourage girls to take up the subject post-key stage 3.
- Share good practice.
- Learn more about the crucial relationship between digital development and journalism.
- Meet a range of developers producing news and creating apps across platforms.
- Find out about the role and process of digital product development and research.
- Learn about future trends and skills in the tech industry.
- Develop coding skills and put them into practice.
- Gain ideas, tips and resources that can be used in the classroom.
- Raise awareness of the range of career opportunities in the industry.
The conference costs £80 (£96 including VAT) which includes lunch and resources. Places are limited and are likely to book quickly.