UCL Computer Science works closely with a broad range of employers from technology sector and beyond; and has organised a programme of employer led events to help students maximise their employability and learn more about exciting opportunities, current trends and challenges in industry and how skills taught at UCL can be transferred to the real world.
Interactive Careers Workshop – Session 1 – Wednesday 22 February, 1pm-3pm, Birkbeck, Malet Street, B35
We are helping some of the world's fastest-growing, advanced Tech start-ups and Silicon Valley firms with their People & Hiring strategy by
• Find the best Computer Scientists and match them to some of Tech’s most exciting opps
• Advise companies on their Talent Attraction strategy & approach to recruitment
• Work with VC’s / Investors across their portfolio businesses to ensure they attract Software Engineers
We have developed a program, constructed of a series of interactive sessions, to share those insights with the Computer Science students @ UCL
• SESSION 1: Different career options in Tech & Software Engineering. Do you want to work for a seed stage Start Up, Algorithmic Trading firm or a Silicon Valley powerhouse? We’ll help you figure it out…
Guest Speakers: We invite Tech Industry Thought Leaders to share personal experiences, including a Q&A . Expect executives from top Silicon Valley firms like Microsoft, Google & Palantir Technologies to Software Engineers from some of the most exciting Start Ups in London & the USA.
• Jenna Owens - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenna-owens-7aaa2b24/ Head of Strategic Growth at Quadrature Capital, a systematic hedge fund in the City. She has 10 years of HR & People Management experience within start-ups and SME businesses across fintech, gaming and advertising
• Joe Burridge - https://www.linkedin.com/in/joeburridge/ Senior Recruiter at Hudl and part of a lean team that has helped Hudl double in size to 450 and expand across 15 countries in the last 18 months
Btw… we’ll provide lunch ;)