Actions and Detail Panel
Concept Design Course 2017
Thu, 19 Jan 2017, 18:00 – Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 21:00 GMT
The Midland Counties Regional Group will once again be running its very successful annual preparation course for Chartered Membership and Associate Membership examinations. Over the last 3 years candidates on the course have had a pass rate of 68% (66% for correspondence course), close to double the overall pass rate for the Examination. The course will be held from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm on Thursday evenings, commencing on 19th January 2017, and running for a period of ten weeks; the final session will be on 23rd March 2017. A Mock Examination will be held on Saturday 4th March 2017. The course will address the key skills required to pass the exam, and the sessions provide plenty of opportunity for practice. The course will be supported by experienced Chartered Structural Engineers, who will be on hand to answer any queries during the sessions.
By the end of the course the candidate should:
- Understand the examination process
- Understand how the examination will be assessed
- Know where to find design information
- Know how to complete the question in the time available
- Be able to develop a strategy for their own exam preparation
- Understand the ‘do’s and don’ts’ of the examination
- Have gained experience of scheme design and sketching
- Have taken a full mock examination and got feedback
- The course is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in conceptual design, even if you are not intending to sit the examination in 2017 but there are a limited number of places, and early registration is advised.
The course is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in conceptual design, even if you are not intending to sit the examination in 2017 but there are a limited number of places, and early registration is advised.
The Course Leader and helpers donate their time and travelling costs to keep the Concept Design Course cost low. The volunteers are willing to do this on the basis that £25 from the registration fee will be donated to the Institution’s Benevolent Fund.
Please complete the booking form attached with the flyer and return to the course leader on the details shown along with proof of payment.
For further information please contact the course leader Craig McFadyen on firstname.lastname@example.org.