Our Conducting Investigations event is now fully booked. We will be running another date for this training session on 15 November. If you would like to recieve further information nearer the time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Collingwood Legal invite you to attend an interactive, practical training session on Conducting Investigations which addresses how to conduct a fair workplace investigation.
The fairness of an investigation is central to dealing appropriately with grievances or disciplinary issues in the workplace. Further, showing that an employer has undertaken a fair and reasonable investigation is often critical to defending a claim at Employment Tribunal.
This course is designed for HR professionals or managers who are required to carry out workplace investigation and will give them confidence in their role and an understanding of what they do, and do not, have to do to act fairly.
The purpose of the course will be to give all attendees:
- an understanding of an employer’s duties under employment law;
- advice on how to prepare their investigation, with reference to case law and ACAS Code and Guidance;
- the opportunity to develop practical skills including how to prepare and carry out interviews, considering appropriate questioning techniques;
- an overview of how to deal with “difficult” issues that may arise during the investigation;
- an understanding of what should be in the investigation report; and
- an opportunity to work through real case studies and practical exercises.
The course will take place on 6 October 2016 from 9am to 1pm at a venue in central Newcastle, to be confirmed.
There are a limited number of places available so please contact us on 0191 282 2880 or register with Eventbrite to book your place as soon as possible.
The session will be run by our experienced and expert lawyers, Sarah Fitzpatrick (Partner) and Alexandra Besnard (Associate). For more information about the firm and our lawyers please click here.
Early Bird Offer
The first 10 people to book before 9 September 2016 can take advantage of our Early Bird Offer and only pay £95.00 plus VAT.
The standard course cost is £120.00 plus VAT.