Actions and Detail Panel
Confident Staff, Confident Children
Sun 26 February 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
Course Outline: (This is a two day event and participants must attend both days)
The course is designed to raise awareness and confidence about the importance of promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being in ourselves and the children we work with. This course will pull together a variety of current theories and latest research and aims to support participants to reflect on how this research can enhance their work and practice. Sessions will cover: brain development; promoting attachment; building resilience; developing empathy; exploring beliefs and mindsets; looking at our own wellbeing, insights and inspiration.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Practitioners and volunteers who work with families and children.
*Participants will need to bring their own lunch.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- understanding of the factors affecting mental health and wellbeing
- increased confidence in capacity and skills to promote mental health in children and young people
- improved understanding and awareness to support personal positive mental health and wellbeing
- a greater understanding of how our thoughts, emotions and behaviours influence us and how we interact with others
- developed their self-awareness and reflective capacity to make sense and manage our interactions with others and challenging situations they will encounter
- affirmation that much of what participants already do helps build children’s social and emotional development