Actions and Detail Panel
Connected Woman Business Conference: Empowering Women for Success
Thu 15 June 2017, 12:00 – 20:30 BST
The Connected Woman Conference aims to support leadership and redefine success in the careers and businesses of our attendees. This will be done through our stimulating breakout sessions; powerful keynote presentations and thought provoking panel discussions.
Showcasing a diverse range of speakers in our interactive, bite sized sessions made up of talented, senior executives, entrepreneurs and experts looking to share their inspirational journey; strategies for success and leadership tactics to help unlock their professional and business strengths and talents.
Craig Tracey MP, Chair All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Insurance & Financial Services and All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) Women and Enterprise
PANEL DISCUSSIONS INCLUDE:
How to Lead, Influence and Succeed in Business
This session is aimed at established and aspiring, next generation leaders, SMEs and micropreneurs looking to drive change and get to the next level in their career or business.
Our dynamic panel will:
- Share personal strategies to overcome common pitfalls and challenges
- Provide practical and pragmatic advice to navigate your development
- Gain actionable tactics to enhance your personal brand to increase your influence and impact
This interactive and powerful session will help women to stay abreast of leadership trends; whilst learning and networking with their industry peers.
- Heather Melville, NatWest
- Sandra ‘Xsandy’ Pinnock Brown
- Janice Gordon, The Problem Solver
- Amy Le Coz, Entrepreneur
How to Maximise Your Digital Footprint
Whether you’re a digital phobic or seasoned social media guru, our savvy, award ward winning industry leaders share and equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to become part of the digital disruption landscape.
Learn how to:
- Create a digital strategy that doesn’t break the bank
- Increase your online visibility and credibility
- Avoid a costly cyber-attack?
- Qasim 'Cas' Majid, WOW Zone
- Sylvia Stevenson, Vodaphone
- Tamsin Fox Davies, BOB
- Harpreet Panesar, ICAEW
Access to Finance – Are You Investment Ready?
This session brings together the leading thought leaders from the world of finance sector to debate and progress issues on how women access finance to start, grow and scale up.
- Learn how to identify and fund your business
- Uncover hidden assets to boost your earnings
- Improve entrepreneurial capital
- Discover strategies to help your business perform more profitably
This session promises to give attendees the information and tools they need to provide the financial freedom they want from their business and much, much more!
- Nick Howe, NatWest Business Banking
- Clive Lewis, ICAEW
Connected Woman Panel Discussion: From Start up to Scale up
If you are feeling stagnant and sluggish in business and looking for an inspirational yet informative discussion; then come and hear from our engaging and award winning entrepreneurs
As the business landscape changes, learn how they overcame early pitfalls, challenges and setbacks through their journey from start up to scale up.
Their compelling stories will provide valuable industry tips, powerful advice and pragmatic tools for your unanswered business questions around vision, branding, social media and access to finance. Lessons you will only learn from those who have experienced the “hard knocks” that they keep out of one way training programmes.
The key focus will be on the benefits of being a connected woman in business in addition to: -
- Discovering their leadership style
- Growing a compelling personal brand
- Improving their influencing skills
- Collaborating for success
- Choosing right partners, creating strategic alignments for better collaborations
- Finding a mentor
This is a great opportunity to come together, collaborate and empower each other in business.
- Nick Howe, NatWest Business Banking
- Julian Hall, Ultrapreneur
- Cheryl Pheonix, Black Links UK
- Harriet Khataba, Her Story Matters
- Morris Lothian, Executive Cars
Facilitated by Sonia Brown MBE