Connecting Collections Conference 2015: Exploring digital cultural learning together
We thought that you might like to hear about our newly announced Connecting Collections Conference - Exploring digital cultural learning together - on the 29th of June 2015 at the National Maritime Museum. There has never been so much potential to connect children and young people with the wealth of cultural collections now available online, but it’s a hard thing to do well.
This event is essential for any cultural organisation interested in connecting children, young people and teachers with digital collections to support learning. It explores issues around:
- How you make your digital collections content fit for purpose
- What your target audiences are doing online and what they expect from your digital cultural content
- How cultural organisations and teachers can collaborate to create meaningful learning experiences around digital content and tools
- What the publically funded cultural world can learn from the wider commercial publishing world and vice versa.
We are bringing together a diverse mix of speakers and delegates for a day packed with shared learning, practical and inspiring case studies and thoughtful provocations. There will also be plenty of opportunity to have your say and network with colleagues. Full programme details will follow shortly and details of speakers are available here http://bit.ly/CCConf2015
Who should attend?
• Practitioners from museum, gallery, archives and other visual arts and heritage organisations
• Learning professionals with an interest in digital cultural learning
• Publishers and technologists working in learning/cultural fields
• Decision makers from funding and policy bodies
If you're interested in partnering, sponsoring or participating in the conference programme please contact Anra Kennedy (Anra@culture24.org.uk) or for more information go to www.connectingcollectionsconference.com
When & Where
Culture24 is an independent charity which supports the cultural sector to reach and connect with audiences. We are a small and dynamic team of writers, thinkers, producers and publishers who love arts and culture, understand digital and believe that cultural organisations have a vital place in a better world.
We are best known for publishing great websites about culture; producing the successful Museums at Night festival of after-hours openings, and leading Let’s Get Real, the collaborative action research project involving cultural organisations across the UK and Europe. We also aggregate and share data about thousands of cultural events exhibitions and venues with a range of partners including the BBC.
Culture24 provides platforms, networks and safe, collaborative spaces within which cultural organisations can work together to reach and engage audiences, benchmark, experiment and learn. We broker partnerships and strategic opportunities that it would be near impossible to access as individual organisations.