Connecting HR is pleased to announce the third UK Unconference for HR professionals on Thursday the 20th October 2011. This is, we believe, the only unconference of its kind specifically catering for the field of HR.
Please note - this is not an ordinary conference - see 'What is an Unconference' below!
The core theme for this unconference is: The New world of work
- Are existing organisation models sustainable in a new economic future?
- What is the future model of 'employment'?
We anticipate that we will consider this agenda across a wide range of people oriented subjects including engagement, reward, learning and development, resourcing and performance management.
Unlike a normal conference where the agenda is set by the event sponsors and organisers, at an unconference the agenda is set by the attendees - thats you! The discussion streams on the day will be shaped by the unconference attendees. This ensures that the topics remain relevant, up to date and value adding to the people that matter - the attendees.
To contribute to the agenda you can sign up to our online community and share your ideas - click here to sign up to www.connectinghr.org.
Nearer the time of the event we will be sharing the comments and contributions for session topics on the community site.
Who should attend?
- HR, Internal Comms and other inhouse professionals - who are looking for an informal, value adding forum to discuss the key issues you face in shaping the people agenda in your business
- Journalists/Academics and representatives of professional bodies - share your research or your analysis of how organisations are responding to the latest people issues
- Independent consultants and suppliers to the HR profession - share your experiences of helping organisations leverage positive people strategies for business benefit
What is an Unconference?
This event will be very different to any standard conference you have been to before. If you are not sure what an unconference is, start here, browse a little and you will soon get the picture. No event management companies, no big budgets, no hard selling from sponsors and no fixed agenda. Just value added conversation amongst HR folk on the subjects that matter to them.
To get an idea of the format, click here for the story behind our first Unconference which took place in October 2010 and to see the feedback from the attendees. You can also get a first hand view of what it was like by watching #connectingHR - The Movie - our 2 minute snapshot taken at the event.
There are a number of key differences between a standard conference and an unconference including:
- The agenda is driven by the attendees, not the event organisers. This means that the event is highly interactive and participative and whilst there will be industry experts and thought leaders in attendance, they are not driving the agenda, or, as is typical with a normal conference, delivering long, one way presentations.
- The event is collaborative. Attendees will get involved not only in discussions on the day, but also in the organisation of the event should they wish. If you have a specific issue you would like to address in this forum, then simply get involved and suggest it!
The format of the event is very different too. The day will be broken up into a number of free flowing discussion groups based around subjects as suggested by the attendees in the lead up to the unconference. Unlike a normal conference, these groups will be small and you are free to move between them at any time. If the conversation is not value added for you, simply get up and move onto the next!
You can follow the Connecting HR conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #ConnectingHR.
To find out more information please also visit our online community www.connectinghr.org where you will find some background information on what we are trying to do and some of our other initiatives and also how to make contact and or be part of the Connecting HR initiative beyond attending the unconference.
When & Where