An event for any organisation in Leeds to learn more about dementia and becoming dementia friendly.
Anyone who is keen to make Leeds a dementia friendly city, is very welcome to attend.
Event will consist of:
- Guest Speaker – Kathryn Lord (Dementia Research Fellow, Bradford University)
- Inspirational talks from local Leeds organisations
- Mentors available for advice and support
- Active workshops on growing dementia friendly Leeds
- Networking and partnership opportunities
The event is planned by the Dementia Friendly Leeds Campaign.
Our mission is to raise awareness of dementia in Leeds, and support any organisation (schools, churches, banks, cafes, taxis etc) to become more dementia friendly.
We offer free support such as dementia friends sessions for staff, support to set up groups, hold environmental checks and more - whatever suits the organisation's team, aims and availability.