San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Cost: £25 plus £2.25 booking fee
Presentation led by the Building Crafts College and CLCH Associate Martin Ransley
The Construction Career Sector Lecture is being hosted by the long established Building Crafts College located in Stratford. Delegates will be given a tour of the college and the latest developments in construction career pathways including; traineeships, apprenticeships and degree programmes. Among the presenters will be the Thames Tideway Tunnel project which is the next big construction project stretching across London from east to west. It will become one of the largest employers for young people in London.
- 9.45 a.m.John Appleton Tour of BCC for delegates
- 10 a.m. Martin Ransley Introduction & setting the scene
- 10.05-1035 a.m. John Appleton BCC,
- 10.35-11.05 a.m.David Wake Go Construct
- 11.05-11.20 a.m. Coffee break
- 11.25-11.55 a.m. Stuart Rogers Thames Tideway
- 11.55-12.25 Tony Ellender Balfour Beatty Academy
- 12.25 Plenary & thank you Martin Ransley
100% of respondents at last years Construction event said it was excellent or very good (80% excellent)
"Particularly good information about how young people without Maths and English could enter the profession, and would be able to retake a number of times. Good variety of speakers, from Colleges and construction companies, and this showed how seriously the whole industry takes training and career progression."
"Informative and to the point"
When & Where
Central Careers Hub
Central Careers Hub - career sector knowledge for Career Development Professionals