Actions and Detail Panel
Thu 5 October 2017, 09:15 – 12:45 BST
Invitation to: Constructive Feedback - training in courageous conversations
Excel at the art of the honest conversation
Join us for an impactful half day programme, learn new approaches and gain valuable insights into providing constructive feedback. This is a powerful skill which, when applied effectively, can impact on behaviour and performance, contribute to self-esteem and lead to increased motivation. The course is designed for anyone who may need to engage in an honest conversation with another party, inside or outside of work. Feedback is successful when the receiver understands it, accepts it and can act upon it - and this session aims to equip you with the ability to raise issues in a constructive and positive manner. Progressive organisations such as Microsoft, Accenture and Deloitte have all recently dropped their annual appraisals in favour of ongoing informal feedback, on a project by project basis. Employees themselves are also demanding more continuous feedback. In particular younger workers expect lots of communication and timely feedback, from both their peers and colleagues to enhance performance in role. Significantly, research by IBM found that organisations which actively used ongoing feedback had 20% higher levels of employee engagement than those that did not.
Learn how to deliver what has been called ‘the single biggest opportunity to influence performance’. Session facilitated by HR specialists from Endor Learn & Develop and includes a detailed A4 workbook for all attendees.
- Select from a range of flexible feedback approaches, which will deliver effective results at work and beyond.
- Use a practical framework to support the preparation of clear, detailed and balanced feedback.
- Identify specific actions which you can take, to minimise barriers to the delivery of honest conversations.
- Practice ways to develop engaging feedback which will influence the recipients willingness to take action.
- Demonstrate the principles of emotional intelligence to manage timely conversations and remain objective.
- Recognise unspoken resistance and deal confidently with any unexpected responses.
- Know how and when to deliver positive praise to bolster key messages.
- Increase personal commitment levels and further strengthen enthusiasm for ongoing feedback.
‘Enjoyed every minute... learned masses... especially the importance of providing clarity. The content was excellent. It really helped in terms of the preparation, organisation and skills needed to deliver 1-1 feedback in the workplace’.
Team Leader - ICO Polymers
Who should attend?
Suitable for managers and staff. Useful for anyone who has to undertake honest conversations with peers, colleagues, customers, suppliers and senior managers.
- Registration and welcome from 09:00
- Start time: 09:15
- End time: 12.45
- 15 minute break mid-session (tea, coffee provided)
What to do next?
All you need to do is register your ticket to attend this event. These programmes are often oversubscribed, with only limited spaces available, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Please note: there is usually sufficient parking available at Normanby Gateway. A limited number of visitor spaces are marked out near to reception, with additional spaces available close to the car park entrance. Cars can also be parked along the slip-road from Lysaghts Way.
Information, Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, Endor provide a visible and easy to apply all-inclusive, delegate rate for all our events. We absorb any additional charges including Eventbrite booking fees, processing fees and catering costs if applicable. Attendees can print VAT receipts from the order confirmation email or from the Tickets section of an account.
Any cancellation charges are calculated from when any written cancellation notice has been received and will be applied in all cases. All bookings involve administrative costs and it is difficult to fill vacant spaces as a result of any late cancellations.
- Over 2 weeks’ written cancellation notice: Full refund provided.
- 1 week cancellation notice: 50% refund.
- Less than 7 days cancellation notice: No refund is available.
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named at any time before the course. There will be no extra surcharge for making a substitution. No refund will be payable for non-attendance if no prior notice of cancellation is given. Any refund due, will be issued after the course.
Enjoy the programme.