Actions and Detail Panel
Content Strategy Workshop
Fri 19 May 2017, 09:45 – 16:00 BST
‘Content Marketing’, ‘Content Strategy’, ‘Content Planning’, ‘Brand / Visual Story-telling’ could all fairly be bundled together as last year’s buzzwords.
However, if as a marketing and communications community within the arts and cultural sector, we don’t seek to properly understand these commonly bandied terms then what has always been, and should continue to be, the backbone of brand development and customer communications, is at risk of being destroyed. Our world will become awash with meaningless messages, undifferentiated content and we’ll see a decline in the understanding and value of brands.
Remember – success lies in not telling them what you want them to know. It’s about telling them what they want to hear.
What you will learn:
- In this workshop, with specialist Digital Marketing Agency Dog, you be given guidance and practical tips to help you develop a consistent messaging strategy.
- To understand the value in using every single piece of communication (e.g. marketing materials, customer messages, video clips, piece of advertising and social media posts) to tell your brand story.
- To consider content as a value exchange between you and your audience.
With over 8 years’ experience, David Haggerty of Dog is a skilled planner and strategist, an expert in gaining useful intelligence that he interprets to form recommendations for digital marketing strategies that engineer outcomes and positive impact for organisations. Having worked with Scottish Parliament, Scottish Enterprise, VisitScotland, Visit California, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Power and NHS 24, David holds the relevant experience to craft an impactful digital marketing strategy for arts and cultural organisations.
9.45 – 10.00 – Registration & coffee
10.00 – 10.05 – Welcome & Introduction
10.05 – 11.30 – Story-telling & Content Strategy
11.30 – 11.45 – Refreshments
11.45 – 13.00 – Case Study Examples of great Brand Story Telling
13.00 – 13.45 – Networking Lunch
13.45 – 14.30 – Hints & Tips for developing a meaningful content strategy
14.30 – 15.15 – Group Work – ALL
15.15 – 15.30 – Refreshments
15.30 – 15.50 – Q&A
15.30 – 16.00 – Summary & Close
This workshop will be segmented into four parts:
- The theory behind Brand Story-telling and Content Strategy.
- Great Brand Storytelling: we’ll bring this to life through some case study examples of great Brand Story Tellers and give you some hints and tips on how to develop a meaningful content strategy.
- You’ll work in small groups to apply some of the theory, best practice examples and hints and tips to your own brand / organisational challenges*.
- An open Q&A giving you a chance to ask specific questions that you’ve been itching to know the answers to.
*Please note, the organisational challenges that you’ll be working through will be based on common themes that registered attendees have highlighted in advance through a pre-event questionnaire.These will be sent to you in advance of the workshop to complete.
Who Should Attend?
- This session is ideal for those who are ‘new’ to the world of ‘Content’ and developing a content strategy for their organisation
- Anyone who is already producing a variety of content but needs some guidance on pulling this all together into one cohesive strategy
What can I bring to the event?
Please bring your own charged laptop or tablet to take notes.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions prior to the event please contact us on email@example.com
What is the refund policy?
We have a 48hr cancellation policy. If you are unable to attend the event please let us know 48hrs in advance of the event. After this time you will not be eligible for a refund.