San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is the first of many conversations with Colleagues, Friends, Experts on a variety of issues related to the project LISTEN BACKWARDS to ADVANCE
When & Where
LISTEN BACKWARDS TO ADVANCE (LBtA) investigates my 40-odd year career in sound art as a durational public performance in the Basement of the Fusilier Museum in Bury, hosted by Bury Art Gallery and Sculpture Centre.
As a performative event and ongoing exhibition I will create a publicly accessible Archive (1977-2017): Objects, Photos, Videos, Sound Recordings, Writing, Publications, Drawings, Sound Machines.
- Hold a series of PUBLIC consultations and round table discussion to focus in on elements of practice,
- Catalogue previous work and documentation,
- Reconstruct installations as temporary experiences,
- Perform extracts of work,
- Invite experienced practitioners and thinkers (1 individual and 1 panel per month) to:
- exchange knowledge and experience
- define relevant historic steps and developments in sound art
- extrapolate and critique significant chapters of my artistic journey.
In uncertain (EU) times, this project is crucial to my assess future trajectories from a personal perspective as well as the European artist in a changing Europe/UK.