Actions and Detail Panel
Conversations for Change 2017
Sat, 8 Apr 2017, 08:30 – Sun, 9 Apr 2017, 15:00 CEST
If you want to hear how change leaders are challenging the current paradigm, want to support positive change or be a part of that change, come and join us in St Anton am Arlberg, Austria, 8th-9th April 2017. Starting 8.30am on Saturday, 8th April, with activities until 6pm; conference dinner at 7pm; Sunday activities from 8am to 3pm.
This will be the fifth Conversations for Change event focussing on progressive change, humanitarian, egalitarian and sustainable methods to make the world a better place.
Back by popular demand we will be holding another event in St Anton am Arlberg, Austria in April 2017. During the first day of this event we will hear insights from world experts on topics such as organisational design, nutrition, sociocracy, leadership training, alternative education, child-led learning, the future of work and sustainability. These inspirational talks will be followed by participatory breakouts sessions to find solutions to real world problems.
Confirmed speakers (english talks with german translation):
- Hugo Lopes - The Taylor bathtub and the age of complexity
- Nicola Schuler - epigenetics and its impact on your health
- John Burnett - education for health, well-being and innovation
- Karin Tenelius - leadership that produces motivated, responsible employees and self-reliant teams
- Henry Readhead - Summerhill school - educating the whole child
- Douglas Gayeton - sustainability in food and water
- Frances Coppola - the future of work and why we need basic income
Afternoon breakouts (in english):
- Hugo Lopes - empowering conscious collaboration for happy, more effective organisations
- Nicola Schuler - epigenetic factors that affect your health
- John Burnett - developing education approaches suitable for our time
- Karin Tenelius - practical exercises for staff empowerment
- Henry Readhead - Sumerhill School - 96 years old and still ahead of its time
- Exhibition: Lexicon of Sustainability
- Children's breakout (for children ages 7 years and upwards) - endangered species
You don't have to be an expert to participate, in fact research shows that the best ideas come from a mix of experts and non-experts, so do not hesitate to come. The day will be rounded off with a conference dinner and drinks to give you a chance to meet the experts and continue the conversations from the day.
Making the most of the beautiful, alpine surroundings, on the second day, you will have the opportunity to choose from a series of activities to connect with the environment. These activities can be booked on Saturday, prices vary, and please note that all outdoor activities are weather dependent.
- Skitour with mountain picnic
- Cross country skiing
- Alpine hiking
- Yoga and meditation
- E-Biking in Verwall
- 2-hour mountain herb trial
- Green Smoothies workshop
Note that this will be our first bi-lingual event, with translations in both english and german! Looking forward to seeing you in St Anton!
Childcare available on Saturday and Sunday on request, call 0699 171 000 74 to make arrangements.
Be part of the conversation, be part of the change
Follow us on: