At this year’s conference, we will be having conversations that matter where everyone’s voice is important!
With a mix of speakers, practical workshops, strategic master-classes and conversation hubs there is something for everyone.
Come along and join us, share your experiences and be inspired.
Put the date in your diary - you can’t afford to miss out on this opportunity!
Download a copy of the Programme Here.
This year's conference is proudly sponsored by CCLA.
This year's Speakers:
- Stephen Dunmore, Chief Executive at Fundrising Regulator - Stephen Dunmore will be speaking on the value of the Social Sector.(www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk)
- Tim Jones, Chair of Devon and Cornwall Business Council - Tim Jones will be looking at what the Social Sector can learn from the Business Sector. (www.dcbc.co.uk)
Morning Learning Sessions:
- Meet the Speaker: Stephen Dunmore, Chief Executive at Fundraising Regulator - Opportunity to hear more from Stephen Dumore and the chance to ask questions. Come along to this session to also hear more about the new Fundraising Regulator which was set up in July 2016 and the impact it will have on the sector.
- Taking Your Marketing to the Next Level - Social Media, your website and your blog all rely on great quality content. We will take you through the world of content showing you how to make your images and video look professional using free tools to take your marketing to a new level. This session is being facilitated by Get Up to Speed.
- How to Create an Effective Brand - This masterclass will look at what branding is (hint: it’s a lot more than a logo) and examine traits of a successful brand. It will also give you a chance to consider different types of relationship a brand can have with your target audiences (e.g. donors, volunteers, service users) and how to develop key messages and what to do with them. This session is being facilitated by Lathwells & Associates.
- Pros, Cons and Risks: Which organisational structure is right for your group? - Are you a constituted charity but wondering whether your group would be better off being a Community Interest Company? Does your group or organisation have an interest in trading for income generation purposes, but are unsure on opportunities and restrictions? This session will look at charitable and social enterprise legal structures and is being facilitated by Tozers Solicitors.
- Conversation Hub with Big Lottery - This is an open conversation session looking at building skills in an organisation. It will look at what support needs organisations require to help them become sustainable and will include case studies and local learning. You will have the chance to debate local perspectives and provide feedback into the new strategic direction of funding and support from Big Lottery.
- Conversation Hub with Voluntary Voice - This is an open conversion with an elected Voluntary Voice Representative for one of the seven countywide Strategic Partnerships. This session will examine the role the voluntary sector plays in strategic partnerships, how it can influence decisions made and can help deliver services to meet strategic priorities. This session is facilitated by Voluntary Voice.
Afternoon Learning Sessions:
- Meet the Speaker: Tim Jones, Chair of Devon and Cornwall Business Council - Opportunity to hear more from Tim Jones on what voluntary and community groups can learn from the business sector. You will also get the chance to ask questions.
- How to Evidence What Matters - The majority of failures to the Big Lottery small and medium open programmes is prompted by applicants not understanding how to evidence that they know what matters most to the communities they support and what obstacles are getting in the way of communities addressing these. This masterclass will take you through some of these consistent issues and how to overcome them. This session is being facilitated by the Big Lottery.
- Free APPS that Save You Time - We will show you our favourite free apps for saving time in life and in business. All apps shown during this session are free and available to download in both the play store and Apple Store. This session is being facilitated by Get Up to Speed.
- Tips for Effective Marketing on a Small Budget - This masterclass will take you through how to maximise your marketing even on a small budget. It will look at the importance of the planning process as well as showing you cheap or free items to have in your toolkit. It will cover a range of marketing formats. This session is being facilitated by Lathwells & Associates.
- Micro-Volunteering: How, What and Why? - This session will investigate what micro-volunteering is and how your organisation can capitalise on this type of volunteering opportunity. Using real case studies of existing micro-volunteering, you will look at why these examples have been successful as well as having a chance to think about developing your own micro-volunteering opportunities. This session is being facilitated by Devon Voluntary Action.
- Conversation Hub with Libraries Unlimited - This is an open conversation session on sharing experiences of building partnerships with the public sector and developing an organisation delivering a public service. This session is facilitated byLibraries Unlimited.