Conveyancing continues to undergo major changes and the course will aim to look at the most important changes and their effect on the conveyancer. In particular the Law Society’s guidance on the consumer protection from unfair trading regulations seems to abolish the principle of caveat emptor.
Topics covered include:
• Law Society guidance on consumer protection from unfair trading regulations
• Recent cases on identity fraud and cybercrime
• Third party liability in the light of the Court of Appeal decision in E-surv v Goldsmith Williams 2015
• Changes to the CML Handbook
• Changes to Right to Buy in England including the Housing and Planning Act 2016
• SDLT changes in relation to buy to let and second homes
• Recent case law on which searches to make and limiting the retainer
• Help to Buy ISAs
• Any other current topics for 2016
• Flood risk insurance as of April 2016
• Liability of sellers solicitor for fraud in the light of Purrunsing v A’Court
Sponsored by Index Property Information.
Speaker: Richard Snape is a consultant with Davitt Jones Bould, the largest niche real estate firm based outside of London. Richard is a renowned speaker on all aspects of Real Estate Law and he lectures nationwide to a wide audience including local law societies, solicitors firms, local authorities and government departments. As a specialist speaker to property lawyers and property professionals, Richard has a reputation for delivering practical advice in an entertaining and engaging way.
Cost: £126.00 inc VAT for members of Surrey Law Society, £252.00 inc VAT for non-members.
Please note that this seminar will be held in the Ranmore Suite on the Ground Floor at Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking. Registration is from 1.30pm with tea and coffee. The session will commence at 2.00pm and finish at 5.15pm with a 15 minute break at about 3.30pm for tea.
Please check our website at www.surreylawsociety.org.uk/terms for the Terms & Conditions before booking.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What if I do not wish to pay online by credit card?
To pay by cheque or BACS please contact email@example.com